Interesting Things in Canada

Hi everyone,

My name is Minh Anh or you can call me Mina if you want. I'm from Viet Nam. My family has 5 people: my mom, my dad, my younger sister, me and Misa, this is my puppy. My parents are engineers, my younger sister is studying in grade 7. I like sports. I can play badminton well. Do you want to play with me? If you don't know I can teach you, don't worry. I love Korean food and I want to travel to Korea. I went to Canada to study abroad. I went alone, it was very hard for me. But now it's okay, I have adapted to life here. 




John Henry Park.

I took the picture on December 12 at 11:40 am and I didn’t go to school. On that day, it was the first sunny day, because it rained for nearly a week. So I decided to walk to John Henry Park. The park was near my homestay and it was very large. The atmosphere was very fresh and clean. I saw many people there. They walked, rode a bike, ran, played with their children,… I loved it. The temperature wasn’t cold, it was just cool and I liked it. I had to walk for 1 hour because I lost my way. This was also the first time I went out of my homestay. At this time, I didn’t have the internet so I must remember the way home.






North Vancouver.

Few days after Christmas , my friend decided to take me to see the sea. This place is located north of Vancouver, and is quite far. It took us about an hour to arrive. We planned to go early to take pictures but we had some problems so it was already dark by the time we arrived. In Canada, it gets dark very quickly. Not like in Viet Nam. But the evening here was very beautiful. I didn't know how to express my feelings. Life is very slow here. Someone would sing gentle songs, combined with the sound of waves. It relaxed me a lot. But the one minus point is that it's extremely cold. You have to wear thick sweatshirts. There is a place quite similar to Korea here. It is  Namsan tower. I saw many locks, all kinds of big and small, in all colors. It was quite interesting. I want to go there again.







 Commercial Broadway.

This was a pretty familiar place for me. Because every morning I take the bus here to go to school. On January 19th, when I was waiting for my friend, Sarah. We went to school together. She lives in Surrey so she had to take maybe 1 hour by train to come to Commercial Station. While waiting for her to come, I took that picture. And by chance, I captured the unexpected moment. It had a long line maybe of another plane. I liked this picture.




Cathedral Square.

Two days later, I went out with my friend. I knew her because we lived in the same homestay. On that day, she led me around Downtown. When we arrived at Burrard Station. I was at a Church, it was historic and perhaps was made quite a long time ago. I found information about the church in the internet and everyone said it was beautiful inside. I wanted to go inside there once time.



Gastown Steam Clock.

This was one of the places you had to visit when you come to Canada. Located at the corner of Cambie and Water street. It was also a symbol of Canada. The special feature of the clock was that. I waited to see the clock spit out steam but it was late so I couldn’t wait anymore. I had to go home.  Maybe I would come back to see it someday.




My homestay.

Last Saturday, when I laid in bed to surf Facebook, someone posted on their Facebook about snow fall then I saw the weather forecast. I couldn’t believe that it was snowing right now in my place. So I ran outside and took many pictures. I felt very excited because this was the first time I saw snow. I haven never  seen snow before. My country doesn't get snow. It snowed for 2 days in my place. You had to see snow one time in your life if you could. I couldn’t describe that feeling, you had to feel it for yourself.




 " I love you "












Comments